COMMUNITY GARDEN PLANNING CONTINUES
Tuesday, March 3, 7:00 p.m.
at St. Matthew’s
We are in the beginning stages of developing a Community Garden and we want your input! This is truly a Community Garden and it is you who will determine the design, usage, and all other such things. Individuals will have plots and our hope is that there will also be a Community Plot from which food will be given to the hungry and to food pantries who have need of fresh produce.
Check back for information as we progress. If you’d like to be a part of this project, please email us!
A Community Garden:
– allows families and individuals without land of their own the opportunity to produce food
– provides access to nutritionally rich foods that may otherwise be unavailable to low-income families and individuals
– donates hundreds of pounds of fresh produce to food pantries and involve people in processes that provide food security and alleviate hunger
– increases a sense of community ownership and stewardship
– brings people together from a wide variety of backgrounds (age, race, culture, social class)